Saturday, February 2, 2013

Find Your Balance

Sometimes, it is hard to get up in the morning. I am not the bubbly, quick-witted entrepreneur 24/7, although some might think so. LOL! Quite frankly, I have days that are downright exhausting and draining to the core. It feels like being stuck at the end of a fork in the road, not knowing which route to take next.

When I have those days...and trust me, you too, WILL have those days as well! You have to find a way to decompress, step away and take a break. As any entrepreneur knows, having hustle in your system is mandatory and it's a wonderful thing until your hustle becomes excessive and neglect starts to set in. I say neglect, as in your personal and emotional health.

I will share this you. Until this past Christmas, I had not been home to New York to see my family in a year. Even though I only live 4 hours away, I had not stepped one foot into my parents house for an entire 365 days! Now, anyone that knows me, knows that I am in New York like I still live there. LOL! My EZ Pass has some serious mileage on it from going up and down Interstate 95. Even though I flew the coop 15 years ago shortly after college, I always felt the need to drop in at home to feel like I was still in the loop.

This past year, I got so bogged down in building and giving to my business that I forgot to build and give to myself! I mean, my emotional self, my fun self, my everything self! I simply forgot about taking care of me. Looking back on it now, I realize how easy it was to let a year pass by before I reconnected to my familiar world.

I needed to find balance. It was great to be home to see my family and there is always some form of comedy situation that leads to gut-busting laughs. I missed that...A LOT!

We have to learn how to step away from the maze of our lives and find balance. It could be a brisk walk outside or a silent moment of thanks for all the God-given blessings that have come your way. Even a simple yoga session in the middle of your living room floor is a great way to clear your thoughts and get a few stretches in. Whatever method you choose to decompress and center yourself when life's maze seems like it is never-ending, never forget to take care of yourself!

Stay Lovely!


ReneĆ© Lowe is the CEO and Founder of OnyxQueen Media, which provides Event Planning and PR Services to small businesses looking to expand their lifestyle brands. ReneĆ© personally oversees every client, event and project using her creative strategy. With degrees in Journalism, Media/Communications/PR and a certification in Wedding/Event Planning, she has been sought after by corporate and private upscale clients. She has done speaking engagements and written for various publications about women and business.

No comments:

Post a Comment